Gluten-Free Recipe: Creamy Fig & Basil Pasta
Super easy and light, vegan and gluten-free, this pasta takes only 15 minutes to make. While it isn’t raw, the recipe was inspired by one of my favorite dishes at one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, Pure Food & Wine. I love sweetness that fresh figs bring to the “cream sauce”, and the fresh basil makes the dish feel light, and perfect for late summer.
Creamy Fig Pasta
Super-Easy, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 14 ounces mung bean fettuccine (or other pasta of choice; I’ve made this with whole wheat gobetti to catch the sauce more and it was delicious!)
- 16 ounces hummus
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 6 small figs, chopped, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients together in a sauce pan over medium low heat until figs have softened, about 5 minutes.
Return pasta to pasta pot, add sauce, and mix well over low heat.
Serve topped with fresh basil, figs and pepper. Enjoy!